Saturday, July 5, 2008

Diaper Baseball

A decade ago Trey Parker and Matt Stone, of South Park fame, created a horrible movie called BASEketball. We'll forgive them as this was clearly a warm up for the brilliant satire that became Team America, but I digress.

My sons have invented Diaperball. This involves taking off all your clothes except your diaper and hitting a wiffel ball off a plastic tee with the wrong end of the bat. I hope this never becomes a professional sport, but you can make your own judgement call. Their diapers aren't all that much worse that the short-shorts NBA players wore in the 80's.

Now, before you watch this I must warn you about a couple of things. First, we're still working on our videography, so no complaining if one minute there's a chair blocking your view, the next you have a great look at the kids and then you're spinning and staring at pavement. You will note that I am headless through most of the video. Mommy is focused on her littler boys. Anyone who wants to shoot video for us is welcome to come on over - then you may critique at your leisure.

Second, it's hard to tell sometimes, but I am joking about the boys' performance. I have no expectation that they will be professional baseball players or even adequate little leaguers (although their father did bat .800 his last year). I don't think I'll ever be one of those psychotic push-them-to-be-star-athletes-parents. If I disappoint us all and do become one, you will be able to say you saw it coming on video back in 2008.

Other than that, Tiffany's voice over sets this up for you.







NOTE: I'm having trouble balancing file size limits, video length and download quality when mixing from our video camera. Somebody let me know if this is incredibly painful to download or the quality stinks. The file is pretty huge by upload standards, but you're getting three minutes of crazy for your money.

2 comments:

John Richardson said...

It works fine.

I do like the one-handed "Bam-Bam" method of batting. How soon until they just go at one another with those bats?

Unknown said...

*laugh* I can see it now. The two of them sitting like a cartoon just taking turns bonking each other in the head with the big bats!

Also, well done Tiffany for kicking them out into the yard with the bats & balls!