Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So Many Traffic Signs, So Little Time

This is a quick post to explain why there are no pictures on the blog yet. Sean and I are taking the test for our Singapore driver's licenses on Thursday afternoon. It's a computerized test which actually requires studying, something I need to resume in a few minutes.

We've been to three Halloween parties in four days, the last of which I hosted this morning for the AWA playgroup. I'll be posting pictures hopefully this weekend or the beginning of next week. We'll be trick-or-treating on Friday near Singapore American School where many Americans live - they actually start around 4:30 or so, unlike the rest of Singapore which waits until it gets dark at 7:30. Since the boys are usually in bed by then, we'll be heading up north to nab some candy while it's still daylight, then turn the lights off here when we get home. On Saturday we're attending a rocket-themed birthday party for our three-year-old twin Aussie friends. If the boys don't expire from pleasure, I'll have some pics of that party too.

Three quick moments of random craziness:

Sean belched at the table a couple of days ago and promptly said "Excuse me" before he could get the evil eye I inherited from my Nana. Liam then pretended to belch and excused himself repeatedly for a minute or two. Weird, but polite.

I've been trying to teach the boys to sneeze into their bent elbows instead of all over the place or into their hands. So far they've manage to sneeze on their inner wrists, like they're smelling perfume they've just applied. They then say, "I sneezed on my elbow!". Looks like we've got to review a few body parts.

Finally, a few minutes ago, Liam fell asleep for his nap before Graeme. I thought Graeme was asleep, but when I looked in on them, Graeme was sitting in Liam's bed, kissing the bottom of Liam's foot. You read that correctly. Liam was facedown with one knee bent and his foot up in the air in Graeme's hands, and Graeme was kissing Liam's foot! Sorry, I just don't know if I believe it either, and I actually saw it. My children are bizarre.

No comments: